CCIE [Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert] is the highest paid and most prestigious IT Certification. Offered by Cisco systems, world’s largest Networking Equipment Manufacturer in the world, this is the highest level of expertise available. Also known as Doctorate in Networking, this certification requires 3 hours written exam followed by a laboratory exam of 8 hours. After completion of CCIE, an Engineer will have ability to design, implement, maintain and troubleshoot complex Enterprise network infrastructures. In short, CCIE’s have high level expertise and take care of network infrastructure, the design and operation which facilitate the internet and internal network of enterprises.
CCIE Lab exam facility is available at selected locations only. As of today, CCIE R&S, Security, Collaboration, Service Provider, Service Provider Oprations and Data Center Lab exams are available in Bangalore (India), whereas CCIE Wireless is available in USA, Australia and Europe only.
CCIE’s Are Rare:
As of December 22, 2014 there were around 40,000 people with active CCIE certifications in the whole world, whereas only India needs more than the total figure of it. CCIE’s are considered as one of the Highest paid IT professionals in world. As a CCIE Engineer, you not only get a high paying job, but also enjoy the privilege of being in a select band of elite technocrats that are a cut above the rest. The ever growing IT, Telecom and ITES industries are always on the lookout for bright young professionals. Armed with a CCIE status, you are bound to taste success like no other.
Cisco Certification Levels:
- Associate Level: CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) – Covers the basics of Networking Technologies
- Professional Level: CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) – Covers the advance and very In-depth level study of Networking Technologies
- Expert Level: CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) – Covers expert level study of Networking Technologies
CCIE Training Path:
- CCIE R&S: CCNA R&S + CCNP R&S + CCIE R&S
- CCIE Voice: CCNA R&S + CCNA Voice + CCNP Voice + CCIE Voice